Giving children the best start in life has been a core value here at Manor Gardens since we were set up in 1913. Our Pre-school setting now offers a rich and vibrant learning environment where children are highly stimulated. And we have just been rated as ‘Outstanding’ in all elements by Ofsted in May 2016.
Our Pre-school gives children aged two to five a varied and imaginative play experience, delivered by staff who have an excellent knowledge of how children learn. We have a cosy, intimate setting laid out with different learning and play areas. Our eight staff encourage children of different ages to play together which reduces the stress of transitioning to other play areas as a child gets older.
Our children also benefit from a stimulating outside area which includes a large greenhouse where the children have been growing their own vegetables. Children play inside and out in fine weather and benefit from mini-sports activities once a week.
We are taking Applications for Next Term Now
All of us at Manor Gardens Pre-School are qualified and experienced at providing excellent care for your child. We believe your child’s development depends on our continuing professional development as childcare practitioners. We keep up to date with the latest research and guidance about child development to make sure we are helping your child progress to their full potential.
We are Ofsted registered and follow the Early Years Foundation Stages (EYFS). This means safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare is paramount to our educational approach and relationship with you as care-givers. We have a well established ‘key person’ approach in place, providing your child with one-to-one support. We also keep intake small so your child gets lots of individual attention. Two of our staff are Early Years Teachers (graduates).
We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children. Therefore, we work in partnership with you and value your contributions towards your child’s learning and development. Parents meetings take place every term where you’ll have opportunities to meet with your child’s key person.
Learning Through Play
Play helps your child develop their physical, social, emotional and intellectual skills through doing and talking. This is the way young children learn to think, and also how they learn to socialise. We use a play-based framework that covers a range of play activities which will help your child make progress in these EYFS areas:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Communication and language development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Exploring cultural diversity
We guide your child to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment. We are proud that the children in Manor Gardens Pre-School in Islington represent the diversity of the local area. We explore our rich mix of cultures through practical exercises such as celebrating cultural festivals with fun and creative exercises. We also enjoy reading with the use of dual language books.
Caring for everyone
Our setting welcomes children with SEND (Special Education Needs Disability) and we are committed to working with parents and other professionals to provide a good inclusive practice. Our SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) accesses regular training and staff attend a range of SENCO related training to develop their knowledge and skills including supporting children’s communication and children with autism. Children with SEND are included in our activities as we use short-term plans to support their learning and development. Our Islington link area SENCO provides us with support and advice and training regarding children with SEND. We have good links with Islington’s speech and language therapist, social communication team, education psychologists, CAMHS and the health visiting team.
Outstanding Ofsted Report
The Report from 5th May 2016 states:
- The pre-school provides a rich and vibrant learning environment where the children are highly stimulated. Varied and imaginative play experience for children are delivered by staff who have an excellent knowledge of the areas of learning and a clear understanding of how children learn.
- Staff are skillful in their interactions with children and use highly effective methods of teaching. As a result, children flourish and make excellent progress in their learning and development according to their starting points and capabilities.
- Partnerships with parents are exceptional and a particular strength at the setting. The pre-school entirely values parents as partners and places the highest priority on working closely with all parents.
- Children who have special educational needs or a disability and those who speak English as an additional language are supported extremely well. Staff meet with patents and take advice from other professionals to ensure that all children’s individual needs are met.
- All staff are highly skilled and sensitive in helping children form secure emotional attachments and provide an exceptionally strong base for children’s developing independence and exploration.
We are taking applications for next term now. Call Shade Arowolo, our Pre-School Manager, on 0207 561 5261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.